Doll-Mart Seller Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Problematic Buyers

Go down 

Buyers to remain guests when they buy?
Yes, open a forum just for sellers to post problematic buyers and keep it so people can buy while remaining a guest. I agree to report any problematic buyer I have.
Problematic Buyers Vote_lcap50%Problematic Buyers Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
No, make buyers become members first before seeing forums and buying. This way if there is a problematic buyer they can be banned and sellers don't have to worry about not being told about a bad buyer.
Problematic Buyers Vote_lcap50%Problematic Buyers Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Visit status : 6

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 am

I need some feedback....

Although I do not accept responsibility for anyone's sales and for any of these sales that might go bad, I do want to make it the best environment possible so it is as safe to sell and buy here as possible.

We do have a lot of guests coming and looking and because a lot of us have posted how to get a hold of us if they want to buy something, guests are able to buy without joining....

It can stay this way but it is really important that ALL of us agree to share info if we get a bad buyer ESPECIALLY if they come as a guest (as there is no way for the site to block them if they are a bad buyer). If we don't make one another aware of problematic buyers, they can come back again and again and scam one artist after another.

I have set up a poll to get your feedback on whether to keep it this way or make buyers become members before buying.

PLEASE Vote! on the poll to let me know what you want to do!

Thanks everyone!
Liz
Back to top Go down
https://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Cheryl

Visit status : 0

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:51 am

I voted on the 2nd option which i think is best !!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:31 am

Welll.....looks like this is not a great concern to people...that's good! I have made it so that guests are limited on what they see so if you are selling and want to make sure your buyer is a member then be sure to have your personal info found in a link so they can't see it until they sign up. I won't worry about this until it needs worrying.
Back to top Go down
Sherry

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 pm

The second option is not good because once the bad buyer has been here they have access to your webpage and ebay ID. Just because they are blocked from here wont help the rest of us that have also listed our info KWIM??? I think we owe it to everyone to make all sellers aware of a bad buyer and let us take our own precautions. KWIM
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Sherry the end result that you describe is what we are going for!! I think it is best that someone register before buying so that we have some kind of trail on them should they be problematic. As for your personal info, if you do any transaction with a buyer they are going to have your personal info (address, name, paypal etc...). If a buyer does come here and does a dishonest exchange they will be banned and I am now looking into a way to ban them so that even if they come under a new name they will not be able to register here. Also I have now set up a forum for buyer feedback where ALL sellers really need to go and leave feedback for each of their buyers, The great buyers too not just the 1% problem buyers. ALSO we have the private seller chat where sellers can go to share more details about a concerning buyer so all Sellers can have the info and do what they see is best for themselves.
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles

angelicbundles

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Does anyone think that it might hinder buyers if they have to join first? Just a thought....

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicbundles.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 pm

I do admit that joining may cause hesitation but the only way I could make it possible for people not to join before buying was to open the forum up entirely to the public which means that they will see everything including links. What I will say and I can post this message on the forum...I have no intention of requiring a certain number of posts a month from members so anyone who joins can come anytime they want as much as they want without having to post and they will not be terminated due to inactivity. Maybe this will make joining as a member less daunting?
Back to top Go down
angelicbundles

angelicbundles

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm

That should help! Was just curious. I guess a lot depends on how interested they really are also and if they aren't truly interested they probably wouldn't buy anyhow! Thanks for the response!

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicbundles.com
Sponsored content

Problematic Buyers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problematic Buyers   Problematic Buyers Empty

Back to top Go down

Problematic Buyers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doll-Mart Seller Forum :: Keeping In Touch :: All kinds of Chit Chat-
Jump to: