Doll-Mart Seller Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Those of you who sculpt...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TLCArtdolls

TLCArtdolls

Visit status : 0

Those of you who sculpt... Empty
PostSubject: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Have you ever baked your sculpt, taken it out of the oven, and the eyes look weird? I think these eyes melted a little, because they don't look right somehow. I decided to put her together anyway, and see if maybe I could paint over them. Have you done this before? If so, how has it worked for you? Any advice? Thanks.

Deanna

Those of you who sculpt... IMG_0736
Those of you who sculpt... IMG_0739
Those of you who sculpt... IMG_0740
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Admin

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am

Wow, Deanna, she is so adorable. When you bake your sculpt, are you putting a layer of batting and then tenting with tin foil while baking?

Before you put her in to bake, use a q-tip with a bit of water, rub the eyes to get off any clay residue, that is what I do, jmo, hope this helps.

I don't think they look wierd, maybe it is just my laptop though.. She is adorable..Great job.
Back to top Go down
TLCArtdolls

TLCArtdolls

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks, Lorna. Yes, I do use batting and tin foil, but I forgot to put a drop of water on each eye this time. I've generally used glass eyes, but had these acrylic ones on hand and forgot to protect them while I baked the head. When I look at her straight on, she looks fine, it's just when she is angled that she looks weird. Maybe it's just the nature of these particular eyes...? Those of you who sculpt... 285117
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am

It could be just the angle. I too have used those types of eyes, and only once had that problem... Well, if you list her to sell, make sure that you mention that in the auction, especially on ebay, or they will get you for not an acurate description...KWIM!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 am

I see what your talking about wow, that is wierd! If you want some nice acrylic eyes that bake nicely try Artistique. They are beautiful eyes! Just be sure that you add 2mm to the the size you regularly order because this shop measures the white of the eye as well as the pupil (ie for 6mm order 8mm, for 8mm order 10mm). Check out the doll-related resources section for other great doll things!

http://www.artistique.us/

Back to top Go down
https://doll-mart.forumotion.com
ooakcrochet

ooakcrochet

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 am

she is so cute!!!! and in the second picture she looks completely fine. I dont sculpt but wanted to tell you how cute she was!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those of you who sculpt...   Those of you who sculpt... Empty

Back to top Go down

Those of you who sculpt...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doll-Mart Seller Forum :: Keeping In Touch :: All kinds of Chit Chat-
Jump to: