Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Share | 

Hi all. I'm new here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marcy

Visit status : 3

PostSubject: Hi all. I'm new here.   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Good afternoon from what WAS Texas, before someone sent Canadian weather down south.. I found this site through a link on FB on the scammers page. Love the site so far. It's VERY easy to get around, which is great!
Looking forward to looking around even more. Some "faces" are familiar and some of you, I hope to get to know AS we go.
Have a Blessed rest of the day,
Marcy
Back to top Go down
handy Denise

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Hello from Canada and if you are getting our weather why are we still freezing and up to our bellies in snow... lol!
A very big welcome and I hope to get to know you better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
marcy

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:50 pm

laughonfloor WELL, Denise, I GUESS you're still up to your bellies in snow because we don't GET the snow....just the "busted" pipes when the water pipes freeze and the black ice that causes all the wrecks. Since we DON'T get snow...only rain and freezing rain that cause the roads to be iced over, it wouldn't help even if we HAD snow plows since the only snow we see usually falls after dark and is gone by morning. ONE day last week, it stuck to the ground, but it was only partial coverage and if your grass was more than 1/2 inch tall, it didn't even cover that! I lived in Colorado when I was younger and I KNOW about all that snow. Guess I'm too old for it now. I can BARELY tolerate THIS without the snow. Oh, and it was low 20's Wednesday night and I think it's close to 60 degrees now, so with the expected LOW of 27 degrees tonight...YIPPEE, MORE sliding around on black ice! NO thanks... panic/pale
Thanks for the welcome! Hope to "see you around".
Back to top Go down
ldc

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 am

Marcy, to the forum. I hate the bad weather and especially winter, we have cold wet winters but they don't last that long.

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:34 am

Marcy and to the forum. Hope you're warming up some. We just recently moved from CA to Florida to get away from the cold weather, and yup, we had some of that cold air come right down here where we are!!! I think the weather is crazy everywheres this year...

Well, I look forward to getting to know you.
Back to top Go down
marcy

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ladies.
So, we're all cold right now, huh? Well, that IS the difference with Texas, because it's supposed to be 70 something later this weekend and we don't really have a spring. I't either too cold or SUMMER! LOL!!!
Really wish we had more temperate weather because I'd love to be able to sit outside and paint doll parts where the daylight would show accurate coloring.
I am spreading the word about this forum and hope they're will be tons of ideas to get whatever can happen toward some ebay alternatives. It's really a shame that ebay has turned into the monster it has become. I have sold on ebay, but not not reborns yet. Unless it's just a buyers remorse thing, I cannot imagine all the horror storied I'm hearing as I've never had these things happen before, except some shipping issues and that's not the buyer's fault. REALLY saddening to hear that women are doing this to sellers. I've bought several things, including a doll, that I wasn't happy with once I got it.....BUT, if I don't like something, it either gets gifted, trashed or resold. Once I pay for it, unless it's grossly misrepresented, it's mine...even a couple of pairs of shoes that I KNEW the seller knew were mis-marked with the wrong size....hey, that's why THEY couldn't wear them, so there are dishonest sellers, but it's MY lesson learned. Rachel, on R/A, just ordered an iPod and got 12 dirty golf-balls instead! Who knows if it was the seller or someone down the line as the pkg came from China, took a long time and was in a battered box.
If we all could just advertize another site on our ebay listings, it would be worth the price of admission. I love the blocked buyers list, but I surely haven't gotten all the names on it yet and as has been said, anyone can open a new account or use another name to open another one, so..... I don't think it's against the law to screen our buyers better, but at what cost? Who would EVER think that someone was dishonest enough to actually send back a completely different doll than the one that was sent to them. I think (radical, but....) we may have to start filming our packing of the box and state the weight of the box on that filming. There's not much of a way to discount that. When someone sends back a different doll, it's NOT going to be the same weight. Of course that doesn't undo the cases that are just buyer's remorse; the ones who damage the reborn or state the quality isn't as promised. BUT, maybe if these women (can't call 'em ladies, for sure)are on enough blocked lists, they won't be able to continue to hurt other sellers. Too bad we can't attach the blocked buyers list to the bottom of our auctions, huh? I don't think it's illegal because you can choose whoever you want to NOT sell do. Discrimination laws are for race,religion,etc. (and there are WAY too many to list anymore), but nowhere that I have found, is it considered discrimination to bar someone for being an unethical or dishonest a**hole.
Sorry, I have too many soapboxes that require my occupancy at at present. Wink Thanks again for the welcome and I'll "see y'all around". marcy
Back to top Go down
Karen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Marcy!!

Welcome to our forum. I am sure you can find your way around but if you need any help, just shout out.

Very glad you joined us here!

http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all. I'm new here.   

Back to top Go down

Hi all. I'm new here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doll-Mart Seller Forum :: Keeping In Touch :: All kinds of Chit Chat-
Jump to: