Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Share | 

Don't you hate it when....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Don't you hate it when....   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:37 am

You work hours on something and then something happens and ruins your work!! I sculpted limbs, set the timer and went off to do some things, timer never beeped and by the time I realized I had them in the over...too late....they burned!

How about when your working on a reborn and your paint brush picks up a teeney tiney blob of paint and smears it on your baby? OR drilling the nose holes and the drill slips and cuts anywhere but the nose?

OH! I do this alot!! I am sewing away and then go to put the thing down and low and behold...I sewed my thumb to the thing! I hate that!! No worries..It's just the top skin..no injury...but annoying as heck! Oh and it's great to do it right in front of a kid because they have so much tact "ewwwww", "gross", "cool", "can I do that?" OR they get up and go running to tell anyone they spot all about what I just did...love that...NOT!
Back to top Go down
http://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't you hate it when....   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 am

Yup, I agree...been there done that... Hope your day goes better for ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Admin

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: Don't you hate it when....   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 am

OH yes, I've had scary close encounters of the doll kind, as well. I forgot to set the timer one time when I was baking a baby. I'm very fortunate I remembered it before it burned or melted! I think we all have those days, I call them Mondays, no matter the day of the week it happens. lol!

http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Keli

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: Don't you hate it when....   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Sounds like today just wasn't meant to be a dolly day for you. That's too bad you burned your limbs. When I lived down south I worked in a sewing mill and ran a needle thru my finger. Broke the needle in 3 places. My finger didn't feel too good either. I couldn't believe I had done that. We got paid for production, so it happened on a fairly regular basis. The faster you sew, the more money you made.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't you hate it when....   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 pm

OUCH! breaking a needle as a result of it going thru your finger! thats a double whammy! I have since made a new set of limbs and now clip a timer to my shirt that is set to go off in the time I put on it...no more burning and wasting anympre limbs....or babies.

How fortunate to have not burned the baby after forgetting to set the timer...I have had this blessing as well but as everything it caught up to me with these biurned limbs!
Back to top Go down
http://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't you hate it when....   

Back to top Go down

Don't you hate it when....
Page 1 of 1