Doll-Mart Seller Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

new mini resin edition.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Visit status : 6

new mini resin edition. Empty
PostSubject: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm

I have the first half of the arms mold poured! I tried last week but the mold compound kept attaching to itself when I poured the second half (and this was after several layers of mold release before pouring that second part!! I so hope it works better this time around!!).

I am working on the head for this little edition now.

I think I will charge right around $100 for each baby with an edition size of 10-15. I will know more after a successful resin pour, This is the lowest I have ever seen a resin mini from a limited edition go for but that way those who can't afford the higher prices still have an opportunity to have one!
Back to top Go down
https://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Karen
Admin
Karen

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 am

Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
handy Denise

handy Denise

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 pm

applaud
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm

I did a trial run tonight...well actually 4 trial runs. I felt terribly discouraged afterward as there were bubbles AND I didn't like the feel of the resin. Now I know I have to use a porcelain filler with the resin to make it high quality. It will take practice to get those bubbles out which I hate because practice means waste and the materials cost so darn much!! Here are some pics of my first run after having made the molds:

new mini resin edition. 100_0143

new mini resin edition. 100_0142

new mini resin edition. 100_0141
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 am

Liz, I have been following you on facebook with this new adventure. You are stubborn and I know you will get it right, just takes practice. Hang in there, one step at a time, one day at a time. Walk away when you are frustrated..You will get it right, that is just you.

Your little one on ebay is ever so darn precious. I wish I had the money to bid on her. I so want to have one of your babies, they would be perfect models for my accessories.

Hope you are feeling better today. Have a great day. Remember, one step at a time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks Lorna!! I am waiting for the baby to sell this week before buying more supplies. I will order the porcelain filler online and get more resin and mold compound at Hobby Lobby. I am also now looking into getting a table top vibrator table that might help with those bubbles!! My friend has offered to come over and help pour. Here is what I must do within about 2 minutes:

heat the mold in microwave for 1 minute,
measure out the 2 resin components,
Pull mold out of microwave, dust with baby powder, apply cardboard to sides and rubber band the mold together, mix dye with one resin camponent, combine resin parts together and mix until fully blended, use medicine syringe and suck up resin, inject resin in mold while squeezing and moving the mold, set mold down and pound around it to drive air bubbles up and out of resin, wait until the resin hardens (about 2 minutes), then remove resin parts out of mold and let them finish curing (they get hot until they have fully cured).

WHEW!!

I took the offer from my friend to help as that is one stressful 3 minutes!!

Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new mini resin edition.   new mini resin edition. Empty

Back to top Go down

new mini resin edition.
Page 1 of 1