Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Share | 

Artist and Member of the month JANUARY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:18 pm

January's artist of the month is

Lorna Ours:
I currently live in Florida with my husband of 41 years. We have 3 grown children and are the proud grandparents of 6 grandsons and our 1st granddaughter.

When I was just about 7 years old, I had just one baby doll. I would spend every single day after school playing with my doll. Later, I started babysitting and always loved being around and taking care of babies. After high school, I got married and had my three beautiful children. My children grew up and I began thinking about what I want to do with all that extra time on my hands; I joined the working force for about 9 years but I felt like there was something missing. I worked with doll houses and miniatures. One day, I decided to do a nursery room as I still loved babies. Of course, I needed a baby for my nursery, discovered eBay, bid and won a tiny bundle baby.

I was encouraged to try and sculpt my own little babies, and while uncertain, I decided to give it a try. I did a lot of searching on the internet for online doll groups, joined one, and then asked a lot of questions. In January, 2004, I finally bought supplies and I've been creating babies ever since. My passion is newborn babies. I have adopted out so many little babies from about 3 inches up to life size babies all over the world. I also enjoy doing portrait sculpts, and recently I have been approached to do Memory babies.

My newest achievement has been to have a baby doll re-produced into vinyl. I feel extremely honored that my Katelyn is now in vinyl. I am in the process of getting ready to have my second production of a set of twins to go into vinyl.
I have also started to create mini accessories for these mini ooak dolls. You can see all of my accessories at http://www.martysbabycreations.com/mini_baby_items_for_sale.html My accessories have become very much wanted.

Lorna

Member of the month is:
Denise Marchetti

Let me introduce myself...I am Denise Marchetti. My user name is Handy Denise. My crafter name is HandDcreation, pronounced handy creation. I decided on this name many years ago when I was making wheelchair bags for my client. Lots of people comment aren't you Handy, or what a handy creation...and I needed to put a business name on the receipts...so the rest I history as they say.
I am married to have a very loving supportive husband (grumpy lots of times too)for 30 + years. We have a daughter and son who are grown . My daughter has 3 sons and 1 daughter. The boys are 17, 16, and 13. My granddaughter is 4. I have my son and oldest grandson still living with me...their rooms will be my nursery if they ever leave home... I have it all plan out...
My Father was in the Canadian Military so we moved around numerous time as I grew up. I spent 7 years in Germany, 3 in Soest from 5-7 years old and 4 in Lahr as a teenager. Can you believe no telephones and 3 channels for television in another language. I still do not use the phone much! That is where I went to High School...in a Canadian Forces run school. It was a unique experience which I loved. When I came back to Canada, I went to college and got a Diploma as Developmental Service worker. I met the love of my life who was also in the Military . He was stationed in Kingston Ont so that is where we located. He got out of the military after 10 years service, so that is how Kingston became home for us. He grew up in Windsor Ont. I have worked with developmentally and physically challenged individuals for the past 27 years with a great organization in Kingston.
Whew that is about it in a nutshell...
I love crafts of all sorts...I love to knit, crochet, do cross stitch and crewel work, embroider, hooked rugs, scrapbook, card making but I love reborning best. I have always been a baby fanatic...I love my dolls but they had to be baby dolls...that could wear real baby clothes...my Christmas wish list real baby clothes, real baby stroller, real baby seater...nothings changed... My Fantasy doll was a reborn, but they were years away from existing...now I can create them. What a dream come true for me! I have been making these beautiful life like dolls since May 2005...I continue to strive to perfect my skills, and I hope to continue to give pleasure to those who adopt my babies. I confess I talk a lot too...so I love chatting about dolls on doll forums too...Thanks every one for taking the time to read a bit about me...luv you dolly friends!

Denise Marchettihttp://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Karen
Admin

Visit status : 0

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Congratulations, Lorna! Wow, I love your babies! Your accessories are cute, also. :)

http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Thank you Very Much Karen....I was totally surprised...
Back to top Go down
Shar

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:53 am

Congratulations ladies! Really enjoyed reading about you applaud
Back to top Go down
http://sharluvsdabubs.webs.com/
Karen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 am

Congratulation, Denise! You certainly are a busy lady!

http://www.bluefairybabies.com
handy Denise

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks for reading and posting. I feel so humble sharing so much about me! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Wow Denise, you are one busy lady. I just realized that Liz posted your info.
Congratulations on being the other Artist of the Month. You very much deserve it, and I can Honestly say that as I have a couple of your little outfits, they are absolutely gorgeous.

Wow, you have been to Germany, my daughter went there quite many years ago, she loved it.

Well, I look forward to meeting you in person at IDEX, weather permitting.... Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather lets you come down to Florida.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Back to top Go down
handy Denise

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for your compliments Lorna, on my knits. Your seats and dolls are so amazing.
I really want to get there (IDEX)...I have been searching for a crash courses "how to drive a snow plow"...just in case...my hubby is just as anxious to go...he knows the weather and is counting days...I am so forward to meeting you too...18 days til we fly...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 am

Oh I am counting the days too Denise. I am so looking forward to meeting you. I am working my "butt" off on getting this set of twins done by IDEX... So if you don't see me on or in my forum, you know what I am doing. Sculpting away. I will be bringing Ryker also, "BUT", I will not have replaced his ears or fixed his nose, it needs a tad of clay, though it will give people a chance to see him.

See you soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for GREAT weather for IDEX.

I still need to get together a list of little outfits I need from you... Just been so busy with these other projects going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist and Member of the month JANUARY   

Back to top Go down

Artist and Member of the month JANUARY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1