Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

Trying something new....ARGH!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Visit status : 6

Trying something new....ARGH! Empty
PostSubject: Trying something new....ARGH!   Trying something new....ARGH! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 am

Well I painted my newest mini tonight. I have been working on learning how to paint hair that looks realistic. I spent a few hours doing the painted hair then thought....what if I used liquid sculpy as the "glue" and put a tiny bit of mohair on top of the painted hair for more realism?? Well...perfectionist that I am that was too messy for me...I had a terrible time managing the loose hair so I pulled it off and went and made my little wig hair assemblies....then I put liquid sculpy on the head and put the hair assemblies in place then use a loop of lace to hold the hair in place thru the baking process......she is baked but is cooling so I have no idea if this worked.....I am expecting it not to have which will mean sanding the top of the head down and redoing the painted hair etc. Worse of it all was that in holding the head while messing with the hair I rubbed the paint off the face (because, of course, I had to start messing with the hair before baking in the paint...so then I had to go back and do the paint and will have to do the next layer on top all over again too...What a mess!

Liz
Back to top Go down
http://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying something new....ARGH!   Trying something new....ARGH! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:45 am

Liz, that is a bummer. I hope this little one comes out the way you want it to. Hair is my worst nightmare with my minis. I need to learn how to make the wigs for them. I did try the one idea you shared with me. Hair is just not my niche with dolls. I wish that someone made tiny little sparse wigs for these mini babies..Let us know how it came out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying something new....ARGH!   Trying something new....ARGH! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Whoa! looks like it worked!! I did have to comb the hair (with a soft toothbrush) to get the little flakes out from the super sculpy BUT the hair looks more natural. WOO HOO I might be onto something here!~
Back to top Go down
http://doll-mart.forumotion.com
Lorna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying something new....ARGH!   Trying something new....ARGH! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Duhh me Liz, I didn't realize you were using Liquid Sculpey, that is what I always use. Yup, I also use a toothbrush to brush it out which gets out the loose hair also. Sorry I didn't share that with you... I have no clue why I didn't... scratch

Glad that it worked for ya...Can't wait to see this baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying something new....ARGH!   Trying something new....ARGH! Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying something new....ARGH!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doll-Mart Seller Forum :: Keeping In Touch :: All kinds of Chit Chat-
Jump to: