Doll-Mart Seller Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doll-Mart Seller Forum

Forum for doll lovers to chat, exchange ideas, access site amenities, sell or buy, and receive site info.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  JUST FOR FUN!!JUST FOR FUN!!  RegisterRegister  

If you sell Regularly and want to join ARTIST SALES SECTION then please contact me so I can set-you up! Tell me the Category(s) you want to be in (up to 3). ONLY Artists with a forum under ARTIST SALES can post in this section, they can also moderate their assigned forum.  BUYERS can comment and ask Questions  as well

What kind of oven do you use?

Go down 
+5
ldc
Lorna
laur812
Storkland
DebiC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DebiC

Visit status : 0

What kind of oven do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I 'm setting up a new and improved crafty type room upstairs sooooo I need to get an oven for painting with genesis. What type of oven works best and where do I buy it?

Ive read some real horror stories about babies burning or being rubbed on the edge of a small oven. I have always used our kitchen stove so need your advice.
Back to top Go down
Storkland

Storkland

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:37 pm

I use a regular sized oven in my kitchen. However, I do own a heat gun that I use sometimes. I am too afraid to use my toaster oven.....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/storkland/
laur812

laur812

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

When I first started reborning about a year ago, I bought a small toaster oven for my doll room. Melted the head on my very first baby from having it come in contact with the top of the oven! My kids call him my "burn-unit baby!" I still put him together and kept him as a reminder of how far I've come!

I still kept using that oven (very carefully!!) until about a month ago when I bought a kit that was bigger than I usually do and the head wouldn't fit at all. My wonderful husband took me to Wal-Mart and bought me a new oven. It's a GE toaster/convection oven, costs around $70.00 and works really well. It keeps a nice steady temperature and it's much bigger inside.

Hope this helps!

Laurie
Back to top Go down
http://www.laurieslullabies.com
Storkland

Storkland

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Laurie, your new oven sounds really nice......I will have to check that one out......Santa may be listening......shhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/storkland/
laur812

laur812

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I sure hope he is listening to you!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.laurieslullabies.com
Lorna
Admin

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:19 pm

I don't reborn, just sculpt. I use a Turkey roaster oven, purchased at walmart for about $39.00. When I first started to sculpt, I baked my pieces in our regular oven a couple of times, the fumes were horrible. I decided to buy the roaster oven. It works great. I set the temp to 275 degrees and use an oven thermomator (sp). I just plugg it in and wait till it heats up to the temp I need, then put in my pieces, and bake 15 minutes pr 1/4 inch of clay. I have mine sitting on my kitchen counter, there are no odors, but I cannot say there would not be any for the vinyl. I have a baking dish on the rack inside the roaster oven. I have a piece of batting inside the dish, then a piece of cotton material on top of that, then when I put my sculpted pieces in, I cover them with another piece of batting, then tent that with tin foil, put the lid on... I have not had any burning of my sculpts at all. When I paint with my genesis paints, I mostly use my heat gun to dry them instead of the oven..
Back to top Go down
ldc

ldc

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 am

My Hubby built me a workshop ( bless him ) next to his down our yard, then he bought me a second hand electric oven which is in a floor standing unit, he fixed it up ready to use,it is a normal household oven, he put in a fusebaord and plugged it in, then he set up the temperature, so now all I have to Is turn the switch on at the fuseboard, set the timer and Hey Presto. I am ready. I did buy a small toaster oven but found that the heads of reborns wouldn't fit.
So I just turn on when I go down to my workshop, and leave the fan on and the doors open. hugs ldc x
Back to top Go down
DebiC

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:39 am

I hear Walmart is open today turkey day its time to go shopping! lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Admin
Karen

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am

I'm tired of walking back and forth from my studio(the shed in the yard) and my kitchen for my oven there so I was dropping some massive HINTS to get me a turkey roaster at Walmart because they were only $29! Guess what? Didn't work!! So, now I am cleaning my oven from cooking turkey and pies right now just so I can get back to painting. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
DebiC

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey Karen good to see you again I thought you disappeared. Must have been some massive cooking going on at your house for a few days?

I checked out the ovens at Walmarts today( darn them and their nonexistant $198. laptops) and they are all too tiny.
Someone said they ordered theirs from Walmart on line?
I hate the thought of running up and down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
DebiC

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:06 pm

ldc aaahhhh your hubby is a sweetheart to build you a workshop.
Back to top Go down
ldc

ldc

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Debi, He is going to do some alteration sin there for after xmas then I will take some pics,I come up with some different ideas that I want to put into practise , he put kitchen units in it for me store my stuff, but I have had a rethink to give me a bit more space.
hugs lin x
Back to top Go down
DebiC

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:22 pm

ldc Id love to see pics of your craft room. Always looking for ideas.
Debi
Back to top Go down
Pekenines

Pekenines

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Sorry for my English, I live in Spain and my English is always by translation online.
I'm two years making reborn baby and my favorite is oven hot air or convection.º
To understand better, I put a photo. cool/okay

I throw in pieces of the baby, without preheating, and I put the 7 / 8 minutes of rigor. And it works perfectly. Do not use the oven for cooking, just for my dolls ...What kind of oven do you use? Horno12
What kind of oven do you use? Coccio10
Back to top Go down
http://www.creatubebe.com
Lorna
Admin

Visit status : 6

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Pekenines, I have seen those before. A lady in my forum uses one and she loves it. Thanks for sharing pictures of yours.
Back to top Go down
Pekenines

Pekenines

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for nothing! I'm just happy to help glad
Back to top Go down
Keli

Keli

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 pm

I've never seen anything like that. I like that! My husband and I have been looking at toaster ovens. Walmart has that extra tall convection oven, comes with a rotisserie(sp). He doesn't like any of them because they have the heating elements on top and thinks there would be too much risk of burning the baby's head. Not too mention how much heat you would loose when you open the door to put the baby in there. I about had him talked into getting me a used oven and hooking it up in the garage, until I saw that hot air oven. Now I want one of them! Santa already bought me a new camera, so the oven will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Pekenines

Pekenines

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:31 am

This oven comes with a ring expansion to be higher. Look closely at the photo, is the silver ring, because thanks to that ring do not burn heads and even larger fit perfectly. Not to buy it if it brings!
I have not painted any Toddler, but the kits 23-24 inches fit perfectly although it should put them in several times.
kitty2
Back to top Go down
DebiC

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 am

Peke thats quite an oven looks like a spaceship. thanks for sharing I'll have to look around for one.
Debi
Back to top Go down
Pekenines

Pekenines

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 am

Oh, yes, ha ha! But I assure you is the best invention I know for painting Genesis. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Joyful Sounds Nursery

Joyful Sounds Nursery

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

I just read this post, and I , too, use a New Wave Infrared oven after previously using a toaster oven......it is clear and you can see the baby while baking and keeps the temp. real even (unlike my toaster oven) I just got this at Christmas and I do love it.......use the extender however to keep baby from getting too close to heat source...

Joyful Sounds Nursery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of oven do you use?   What kind of oven do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of oven do you use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doll-Mart Seller Forum :: Keeping In Touch :: All kinds of Chit Chat-
Jump to: